Saturday, April 24, 2010


My internet addiction is increasingly taking up more of my leisure (and non-leisure) time. Not even bike rides in the hot prairie sun is substantial motivation to explore other realms of life.



M.I.A's new track, 'Born Free' is sampled from Suicide's 'Ghost Rider'.

M.I.A, Born Free from ROMAIN-GAVRAS on Vimeo.



M.I.A. - Born Free (mp3)
Suicide - Ghost Rider (mp3)

Crystal Castles has released a new album.

Crystal Castles - Doe Deer (mp3)
Crystal Castles - Celestica (mp3)
Crystal Castles - Mother Knows Best (mp3)

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of this:

A cassette release of recordings Nathan "Brace Paine" Howdeshell did in Arkansas. Most of the songs were recorded using tools and weapons stored in his father's barn. Limited to 35 because these motherfuckers are a pain in the ass to dub! This is a split release between Fast Weapons (Nathan's tiny record label) and Radical Documents.

Nu Sensae - Graceland (mp3)
Nu Sensae - Don't Panic (mp3)
Nu Sensae - Peter Tripp (mp3)
Suburban Lawns - Janitor (mp3)
Suburban Lawns - Gidget Goes To Hell (mp3)
Suburban Lawns - My Boyfriend (mp3)
Glass Candy - Feeling Without Touching (mp3)
Glass Candy - I Always Say Yes (Baron von Luxxury Remix) (mp3)
The Long Blondes - Nostalgia (Glass Candy Remix) (mp3)
Die Monitr Batss - Spread Yr Leggs, Release the Bats (mp3)
Die Monitr - Hand Model Death (mp3)
Die Monitr - Almost Midnight (mp3)

There's a lot of hype going around now that Coachella has come and gone for another year. One group that I am particularly interested in is Die Antwoord. The band self-identifies as a mélange of several diverse cultures all mixed into one. A Zef-Rap act from Cape Town, South Africa, consisting of three members, Ninja, Yo-Landi Vi$$er and DJ Hi-Tek.



Die Antwoord - Fish Paste
(mp3)
Die Antwoord - Wat-Kyk-jy (mp3)
Die Antwoord - Beat Boy (mp3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada