Sunday, May 3, 2009

You are a Lesbian Vampire

My friend Thirza Cuthand, is a local (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) film artist. Her films often explore topics of lesbianism, mental health, disabilities and aboriginal issues, from the first-person narrative. One of her more recent shorts, "You are a Vampire Lesbian", will be screening at the 19th Annual Inside Out Toronto LGBT Film and Video Festival which will run from May 14th, 2009 - May 24th, 2009. "You are a Vampire Lesbian" is one of eight films included in Dykes on the Verge of a Nrevous Breakdown program which will screen on Fri. May 22nd, at 10:00pm.

I am especially excited for this film for a few reasons. First, I believe that Thirza is truly a great filmmaker. She has a distinctive style that is all her own, and I am often moved by how personal her films are. Secondly (here's where I toot my own horn), my girlfriend and I are the actors in this short film. So, if you're going to be in Toronto during this time, you might want to check it out!

Vampire - The Gorgon (mp3)
Vampire - Antsy Pants (mp3)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for the promo, I hope lots of people get to see it!

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada