Saturday, April 11, 2009

Brown Down Crown

Last week while hosting Rainbow Radio, the segment "I Salute You", I gave props to one of my favorite queer collectives. Crunks Not Dead outta Olympia, Washinton, is representin' all ova da place! Check out one of the videos on Jena Riot's blog. - Brown Down Crown -

I was at that show, at the Papparrazzi, June of Oh 8. I was thrilled to have found footage from that night.

I've been really active in this fantasy where I'm in a queer, all brown band. Not for any pride reason, but because I think it'd add character to our performance, especially living in a population of less than 300,000 people. I also sorta fetishize coloured people. I think it's not uncommon for North American born, brown folk, to share this same humour. My friend would agree. See! - urban pion-queer -

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada